Are you someone who wants to improve your marketing game? Do you want to learn from the marketing mistakes of the past? If you said yes to both these questions then keep scrolling down because we have just the solution you have been looking for.
No marketer in this world would happily tell you that they are satisfied with the traffic on their page or the marketing tactics that they have been using have always been so beneficial. However, there are a lot of marketers who have tried and tested many of these marketing tactics, failed at them a couple of times but did not shy away from trying again.
Here is a list of the mistakes that marketers have been making:
Many times, marketers and people who want to generate more traffic on their page start reading up on different blogs, books and other resources about getting more traffic on their website. With the help of the same, some marketers even start planning out their entire content strategy and how they are going to go about bringing more traffic.
What they need to do is to hold up. Yes, you read that correctly. So, for instance, if you are trying to generate traffic through an old source like starting a web page then let us break it to you it is quite useless.
Here is a list of cherry-picking tactics that you need to be mindful of:
- You can most likely get intimidated about not publishing a blog post because you feel that it won’t get you enough traffic on your website.
- You are someone who does not enjoy working in a group so you work solo.
- You are not a social media person and do not like attention from a lot of people.
- Being inconsistent
Another thing that most marketers are found guilty of doing is being too desperate to gather more traffic on their website by various means. They start running ads on their site without giving in any concentration or thought to it. Some even start doing collaborations and exchanging their content with others on the blog. Other things include making different social media profiles and setting up affiliate programs to get the desired results.
Many people might argue that these are some of the things that worked for them and helped them reach a wider audience. While it might be true for some, the truth of the matter is that being consistent is key. If you are inconsistent with what you are doing then there is a high chance that you might not get the desired results in the long run.
While running ads on social media and trying to generate more traffic, you need to be mindful of all that could go wrong. Maybe, your competitor decides to knock you down by hacking your website or blog. Also, the thing with paid advertisements is that the traffic stops once you remove it from the paid promotion.
So, you must come up with a long-term plan to bring more traffic to your page.
Here are some things that you can start doing:
- You can try recruiting new affiliates and partner with some exciting ventures as part of a campaign.
- You can start sending a chain of emails to various marketers with partnership ideas. This way, if someone is interested in working with you they would respond. So, you would not have to chase anyone.
- You can also try social media hopping if you are into the idea of exploring and are trying to work with different brands.
- You can try and test posting different things on your social media. This way, you would know what works well with your audience and what does not.
- You need to come up with new engagement ideas to keep your audiences hooked. Quick videos with minimal content work well these days as people’s attention spans are becoming limited.
- You need to start building a community for yourself. Gone are the days when you could keep doing your own thing without anyone else caring about it. If you are not relevant, people won’t visit your page.
- You can also build a social media page. This way, you would be able to run different campaigns and your audience would stay connected to you.
- Skip the testing
One mistake that most marketers end up making is that they chase a marketing strategy that is not really for them. If the marketing strategy is flawed so will be the content that comes out of it. This means that you would be running ineffective advertisements and attracting the wrong audiences.
Now, many people do not even realise that they are investing so much time and money into something that is not giving them any results whatsoever. Thus, it becomes important that you keep a close look at what is working for you and what is not.
How can you do that?
It is easy to keep a close look at what is working for you and what is not. There are so many tools that can help you keep a track of how good your ads are doing and how well your audience is engaging with what you are putting out there for them.
You can start a new idea by only testing it in the beginning. Set up a time to send emails to your customers. You also need to have a particular time at which you want to post the content on your website. Look for the best time when your audience is the most active and then post. You also need to be relevant and engaging.
It is important that as a marketer you learn from the above-mentioned mistakes and do not repeat them if you have identified that you are someone making them regularly.
These three mistakes seem pretty simple, and yet you’ll face dismal amounts of traffic if you make these mistakes too. So be sure to test everything, diversify your traffic methods, and take consistent steps every day to build your traffic.
Of course the question is, what all should you be doing to build traffic? And another one: what is the best way to bring in targeted traffic?
There’s not an online business on the planet who couldn’t benefit from having more targeted traffic coming to their site.
But the problem is, most business owners – especially those new to online marketing – don’t know how to get traffic.
The answers to these questions can make or break your business, which is why you’ll want to get your answers from the best source around: our new course: Traffic Rampage